Trojan Horse was a Unicorn (THU)






EN.


Trojan Horse was a Unicorn (THU) is a CG festival that happened for the 2nd time in Portugal – Tróia. The event is 4 days long since early morning till when you finally give up and go too bed.


I was only there on the last day, Yesterday (Saturday) and I loved it. I heard the inspirational talk of  Catherine Mullan from MPC  wich making me whileing to go right away home to improve my showreel. I saw all the amazing artwork done for Starwars, Indiana Jones, SKyRim, A.I, etc from Christian Alzman form ILM. I just wanted to go home and improve my skills while there is still time!



I listen to the amazing and funny Carlos Baena from Animation Mentor who is such a good talker. He really inspired me and made me feel I know nothing about animation because he knows so much about it! And then I drooled on Michael Kutsche’s fantastic art work. He told us that he could do one of those complex paitings in just 3 days!!! Oh come on!! I’ll never be that fast or good!


After that we had free booze and every one was so nice and happy. I add the opportunity to talk with Afonso Salcedo from Sutro Studios and Kyle Mcculloch from Framestore (photo is below).
It was a great environment that makes me want to go again next year! But this time… I’ll go all  4 days!





PT.
Trojan Horse was a Unicorn (THU) é um festival de CG, com palestras e conferências com os melhores desta área do mundo inteiro. Este evento aconteceu pela 2ª vez consecutiva em Tróia. Embora decorra durante 4 dias, apenas estive presente no último – Sábado passado.

Do pouco que vi, adorei! Ouvi a Catherine Mullan com discurso inspirador sobre como uma pessoa deve ser tentar melhorar o portfolio e nunca deve desistir de fazer o que tanto se adora. 

O trabalho de concept art the Christian Alzman da ILM deixou-me estarrecida e com um pouquinho de inveja, ainda tenho tanto para aprender.

Carlos Baena é um orador fenomenal! Nem dei pelas horas a passar enquanto ouvia os seus discursos entusiasmantes e com senso de humor.

E depois fiquei em choque com o facto de Michael Kutsche ser capaz de demorar apenas 3 dias a fazer um dos concepts arts para Alice do Tim Burton…

Durante o Happy hour a cerveja era grátis, mas infelizmente o vinho já não… Durante este tempo, toda a gente andava mais que contente e o ambiente era muito convidativo. Assim tive a oportunidade de falar com Afonso Salcedo do seu estúdio Sutro Studios e com Kyle Mcculloch da Framestore (fotografia acima).

Só este dia deixou-me cheia de vontade de voltar no próximo ano, mas, desta vez, será para os 4 dias todos!

Comments

  1. Oh my GOD, I'm so jelly right now!
    Para o ano avisa se fores para eu ir contigo, pleaaasseee? *.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aviso pois! Isto foi uma decisão de ultima hora :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah que fixe conheceste a Catherine! Adorava ter ido ao TRHU... next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank must've been so much fun! Never been there, but I can imagine what it's like! Hope you make it so that you can attent for rour days like planned :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NEW POST ON PERSPECTIVES' blog